Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:13:12 -0400
From:      Asenchi <asenchi@asenchi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP: question

Hello,

I am trying to configure an dual processor server for the first time.  It is a 6 year old HP with PIII Xeon 500's.

The question I have is that when I boot into single user mode (as I have had problems in multi-user) it shows only one proc starting up.  This:

SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!

Should this show the second one?

The problem in multi-user mode is that after boot, 5 minutes later when I am doing anything it reboots after 5 mins.

Any ideas?  Or where I can visit something online.  I haven't been able to find any really reliable SMP docs online.  And I could be blind but I can't find anything in the handbook.

Thanks,

Curt Micol