Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 20:21:24 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Hasan <hghodrati@tor.microage.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unsuccessful installtion!

> Hasan wrote:

> Then, I copied all the files from \freebsd\release-3.1\bin to my DOS
> partition keeping the same directory structure.  Then, I boot the PC with
> the 1st floppy and insert the 2nd floppy in the drive when I am asked.  Then
> I create a native BSD partition marked Freebsd, create the other partitions
> like /root, /swap ane etc.
>
> [snip]
>
> I am really frustrated as I do not understand why it can not find the data
> on my FAT partition.  can someone please help?

Hi,

AFAIK FreeBSD needs directories like "C:\BIN" to exist to install from another
partition... Can you confirm that you've copied the distribution to the ROOT
directory of your DOS drive? - And not hidden it under say "C:\FREEBSD\" or
it's equivalent?

Also, if you can - try not to post to this list in HTML format, as some people
can't read it! :(

Regards,

Karl