Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2000 16:40:20 +1100
From:      aunty <aunty@comcen.com.au>
To:        Jim Mock <jim@luna.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>, Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>, "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD at LinuxWorld.

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 05:33:11PM -0800, Jim Mock wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2000 at 02:15:06 +0100, Marc Schneiders wrote:

> > > http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jkh/lw2000/daemonbabes-and-dustpuppy.jpg
> > > http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jkh/lw2000/daemonbabettes.jpg
> > >

> > And there are two more there! Could someone. please, turn this into an
> > windowmaker theme ?
>
> I'm thinking about doing that with these two..
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jim/backgrounds/bg01.jpg
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jim/backgrounds/bg02.jpg
>
> I've got bg01 as my background in E on my laptop..
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jim/desktop-02.03.2000.gif

<troll type=playful>

Nice, but the whole thing's a bit of a lie, isn't it :-)

I mean, we've only ever identified about six female FreeBSD users,
most of whom are lesbians.

The models at the show are quite appropriate in this context, not
unappealing to either sex, and they weren't claiming to be anything
other than models, a job that they seem to have performed excellently.

But to claim that women adore FreeBSD is stretching it a bit far!
All it says is that FreeBSD men and women adore women :-)

Whenever I see hired flesh at these shows, I can't help reading it as
"users of this product are all males who can't get an erection without
a lot of help" but perhaps I'm just strange.

So... how many new women did we convert to FreeBSD through the show?

</troll>

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-