Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:19:15 -0600
From:      Philip R.Moyer <prm@complexsys.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   WPC11/Linksys network problems - solved!

I solved the problem I was having with my 4.5-RELEASE laptop and
communication with the Linksys WAP (could ping other wireless devices,
but not the WAP, no DHCP, no ARP, etc.)

The solution was to add a switch to /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/if_wi.c, at line
613, that reads

	rx_frame.wi_status == 0 ||

This was suggested in an earlier posting on problems with the Lucent
Wavelan card and Linksys WAPs.  (The archives are a Good Thing.)

The new kernel works great on the network, but now I can't start KDE!  Go
figure.  It gets to the "initializing Window Manager" and hangs.  Feh.  What
are the differences between the kernel in the ISO image and the kernel
config in GENERIC?

Regards,
Phil

"Reality, like truth and beauty, is in the eye of the beholder."
						- John L. Casti