Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:37:17 +0100
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@radio-do.de>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keyboard layout ignored in kernel

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 03:24:02PM +0100, O. Hartmann wrote:
> Dear Sirs.
> [...]
> But after booting the new kernel I figured out that the layout still remains
> to us.iso! I tried to find out whether there is something changing in all
> the rc.xxxxxx stuff, but I never found anything.

the kernel ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP options are only for the syscons console
driver.

> Therefore, I have problems under X, where I selected 102-key German type
> keyboard (MF2) but this seems to fail, I always have a US type keyboard.
> Kernel's terminal driver is pcvt (and this is a fixpoint, I do not want
> to change to SC type consoles!).

the user programs to deal with the pcvt driver are scon for video
modes and kcon for keyboard maping etc.

something like kcon -m de should do the trick.

Just have a look at /usr/share/misc/keycap.pcvt for the mappings
available.

Regards,
	Frank

--
~/.signature not found: wellknown error 42