Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:23:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>
To:        Andres <dae@via.ecp.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xmms

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Andres wrote:

> Jakob Alvermark wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm running 3.2-RELEASE and I've managed to compile and run xmms (formerly
> > x11amp). Everything work fine, I'm very happy with, even then irman plugin
> > works.
>
> sorry to bother you a bit more with this, but i've got another question.
> does it work flawlessly? i removed linuxthreads on my system, then
> recompiled every related thing, then tried it (xmms compiled without a
> glitch, btw).
> and it plays mp3 quite fine, but the graphical part (another thread)
> doesn't seem very responsive. it takes sometimes a few seconds until it
> gets updated or until it responds to one of my commands.
> so another question here: do you see the same behavior? if not, are you
> using thread safe Xlibs ?

I only used the stock Xlibs, plus the packages for gtk, glib and gmake.
I tried it first on 3.0-RELEASE, and it didn't work very well, everything
seemed to work but the sound was horrible. Now I have 3.2-RELEASE,
compiled it with no problems, the sound is great, but it does not advance
in the playlist. There are some minor problem, it hangs sometime if it is
paused and press the next button, but I can live with that.

/Jakob