Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:08:34 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Cc:        jfv@freebsd.org, Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ICH9 ethernet part (82566) woes

--nextPart3675373.ffhZpGUXe8

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Jack Vogel wrote:
> > Failing that.. Any idea how hard it would be to add the ID for this
> > controller to the driver in 6.2? (ie does it need magic not present
> > in the driver)
>
> Yes, I suppose its getting to be time to MFC, I had avoided it
> because everyone was so happy and quiet :) One thing I was waiting on
> was for the TSO code to get MFC'ed first, that would make it possible
> to get all the features from HEAD.

Understood.

> Andre, any cycles to get to that soon?
>
> What you will be able to do shortly is download the new driver from
> Intel, version 6.6.6 (LOL, really :), it has the nice feature of

Heh, I look forward to testing Satan's own ethernet driver.. :)

> being compilable for either 7 or 6. I just don't think its hit the
> website quite yet, any day now. I have been real busy, but I will
> begin the work to do an MFC.

I had a look but I couldn't find any link to even an old driver (from=20
the page mentioned in the README in /usr/src/sys/dev/em) - can you give=20
me a hint where I'd find something?

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum