Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 22:02:35 -0400
From:      "Carolyn Longfoot" <c_longfoot@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS/DHCP Irritation

Now that I have my own DNS server running I noticed an annoying issue: I get
my static IP from the DHCP server that's built into the DSL gatway. The DHCP
server always gives me the same IP but the effect is that whenever the lease
expires, /etc/resolv.conf gets rewritten and the entry that points to my
local DNS server is lost.

Of course I could create the desired resolv.conf and copy it via cron every
X minutes to /etc/resolv.conf but that feels sooooo clunky that I was
thinking some smart people might have a better idea, like a way to convince
the dhcp client to leave /etc/resolv.conf alone.

Any takers?

Cheers,

Caro