Date:      18 Nov 2001 15:31:20 -0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <H.Schmalzbauer@belenus.com>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make release (doFS.sh) is broken

Am So , 2001-11-18 um 17.20 schrieb Makoto Matsushita:

> H.Schmalzbauer> Sorry, it doesn't seem to be doFS.sh failure.
> H.Schmalzbauer> My error: /mnt: write failed, file system full
> H.Schmalzbauer> 	  cpio: write error: No space left on device.
>
> It would be better that showing "tail -50 your-build-log" will help
> for others.  Your error log have very little information.  And,
>
> H.Schmalzbauer> I have no idea why it doesn't work anymore.
>
> You don't say what's have done.  Did you tweak some kernel config file
> or something like that?
>
> ***
>
> Anyway I guess what you have tried, what error was happened, and what
> is the right answer:
>
> There are very few space space left in kern.flp (6kbytes left); if you
> want to ADD some drivers to making a custom boot floppies, you may
> want to REMOVE other drivers which are not needed for your computers.
> This is not the doFS.sh error you said in Subject: line.

Hello,

I did use the default GENERIC kernel. The only thing I modified is the
make.conf which enables BOOT_COMCONSOLE, MAKE_IDEA, WANT_OPENSSL_MAN and
CPUTYPE=i686.

I also tried to use a very "lite" cutom kernel but this didn't help.

"MY-BIULD-LOG" would of course be very interesting, even to me;-)
Sorry, I'm not familar wth the release stuff. Tomorrow (when I'm on that
machine again) I'll look where this could be.

Thanks,

-Harry