Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 1995 21:03:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Paul J Klein <pklein@csd.uwm.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XDM Failure

Please, I need HELP!!!!

I began experimenting a little with the network configuration on my FreeBSD
2.0.5 installation, and ever since, when I reboot, xdm fails to run
properly (or more appropriately, not at all). if I try 'startx' or 'X',
it says the server is running already on the console. The xdm error file
says the following:

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/xdm-errors file:

  TRANS(SocketCreateListener): failed to bind listener
  TRANS(SocketINETCreateListener): TRANS(SocketCreateListener) () failed
  TRANS(MakeALLCOTSServerListeners) failed to craete listener for tcp

I beleive I have only been modifying the /etc/sysconfig and /etc/networks
files, but I thought I returned them to normal since I neglected to make a
backup.....

Can anyone help? Also, is there any documentation available on setting up
FreeBSD for network ability?

Thanks,
Paul

 Paul J. Klein                                   Office:              EMS E280
 Research Assistant, Assistant Lab Manager        Phone:          414-229-3908
 Signal Propagation Research Laboratory             FAX:          414-229-2978
 University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee                email:    pklein@csd.uwm.edu