Date:      Fri, 2 Dec 2005 15:09:22 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Bjorn Nelson <o_sleep@belovedarctos.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: local ports category

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 05:12:35PM -0500, Bjorn Nelson wrote:
>=20
> I propose a new port category called local or site.  This would not =20
> get updated with the cvsup, but would allow people to have a place to =20
> put ports that they want to keep internal to their site.  I am =20
> currently exporting a ports tree to a bunch of other hosts and it =20
> would be handy if I could just put ports for our proprietary apps in =20
> there and not worry about keeping a forked bsd.port.mk.

You can add your own categories by setting VALID_CATEGORIES=3D<some list>
in /etc/make.conf.  A more interesing addition from my perspective would
the ability to add new non-virtual categories with a single variable.
Perhaps EXTRA_PHYSICAL_CATEGORIES would be a good choice with an
EXTRA_VIRTUAL_CATEGORIES as well for symetry.  Both could be added to
VALID_CATEGORIES and EXTRA_PHYSICAL_CATEGORIES could be added to SUBDIR
in ${PORTSDIR}/Makefile.

-- Brooks

P.S. freebsd-ports would probably be a better place to discuss this.

--=20

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--