Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:04:45 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apaching binding to *:* ??  (Weirdness)

I have a FreeBSD 5.1 server (can't upgrade to 5.2 yet, until the em driver is
fixed)  and I'm getting it ready to set up a jail for a staging environment.

I'm having some weird action from Apache.  It seems that every apache process
binds to *:* twice, in addition to IP:80 and IP:443.  Has anyone seen this
before?  This is Apache 1.3.28 (although an upgrade is on the schedule)  I
had _wanted_ to test the new version of Apache in the jail prior to upgrading,
but I'm not so sure that's going to work.

Anyone seen this before?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies