Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:51:42 -0400
From:      Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
Subject:   Re: DVD playback

--nextPart4739545.YFONEGtXAt

On Saturday 22 July 2006 15:37, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> Is there any program in the ports that will playback the new DVD's? Some
> will play fine, but others I  just get a lot of disk activity and it locks
> up the machine. Is this some kind of new copy protection?
>
> Beech

I've never had any problems with either Mplayer or Xine compiled very every=
=20
useful options, including libdvdcss (access dvd without caring for the=20
encryption).=20
One of my FreeBSD machines is a HTPC connected to my TV and I use it to pla=
y=20
dvds and never encountered problems (other than media/quality-related).=20

Nicolas.
=2D-=20
=46reeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #10: Sat Jul 22 13:02:01 EDT 2006    =20
root@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
PGP? : http://www.clkroot.net/security/nb_root.asc