Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:43:14 -0700
From:      Tony <tonyste@pacbell.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Tony Sterrett <tonyste@pacbell.net>
Subject:   starting named and httpd

Hello:
	I'm sorry to ask this. I have searched the archive mailing list.
I've just installed 5.1 and I notice that  named  and httpd  is started
by gndc. I've checked /etc/rc.conf and /etc/defaults/rc.conf and
named_enable="NO".
I'm not sure waht I'm missing. Is there some script starting these?
Thanks in Advance
Tony

America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone
directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of
civilization.
     Georges Clemenceau (1841 - 1929)