Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 12:35:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: ufs_extattr_uepm_destroy: not initialized

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:
>
> > It /only/ happens after a "mount -a", not after just mounting /tmp
> > only.  No idea why, the only `obscure' filesystems i've got are procfs
> > and portalfs.
>
> portalfs indeed seems to be the culprit for leaving an unreferenced file
> in /tmp.  However, the panic for forcibly umounting /tmp then clearly
> belongs to the extattr code.  Removed the option from my config again (i
> just wanted to give ACLs a try only anyway), and now i'm living without
> that panic again.

Thomas Moestl recently committed some fixes to the EA code, and may have a
couple more in the pipeline that address these problems.  Out of
curiosity, does your /tmp actually have EA's started on it, or is it just
the kernel option?  Are you using MFS or ext2fs at all?

(I've only recently started recovering from moving, so I'm fairly behind
on -CURRENT e-mail)