Date:      Sun, 27 Dec 1998 10:46:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bob Vaughan <techie@tantivy.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, guru@Sisis.de
Subject:   Re: two RS-232 ports for notebook

> From owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG  Sat Dec 26 03:44:45 1998
> Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 10:52:29 +0100
> From: Matthias Apitz <guru@Sisis.de>
> To: freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: two RS-232 ports for notebook
>
> I've one notebook with a normal RS-232 connector (9-pin) as COM1
> and an IR as COM2. Are there any PCMCIA cards which just give me the
> possibility to have two normal RS-232 connectors, one as COM1 and the
> other say as COM3? Or is there some other way to replace the IR interface
> with normal 9-pin RS-232? I want to use my notebook for collecting
> and tracing a protocol of a serial device.

Here is a excerpt from my bookmarks file, listing various pcmcia serial
cards.  I don't actually have any of these, so i can't provide any feedback
on how well they work, but it is a starting place..

http://www.thaddeus.com/wince/hpcbg/adapter2.htm
http://www.elan-digital-systems.co.uk/pcmcia/index.html
http://www.premierelect.co.uk/premier/pcdoub.html
http://www.premierelect.co.uk/premier/pc422.html
http://www.synchrotech.com/gp-serial.html
http://www.omega.com/products/dsp225.html
http://www.omega.com/products/dsp200.html
http://www.socketcom.com/sioprods.htm
http://www.socketcom.com/diods.htm
http://www.premierelect.co.uk/premier/pceths.html
http://www.pc-card.com/
http://pcmcia.oaktree.com/main.cfm

Bob Vaughan  | techie@{w6yx|tantivy}.stanford.edu | kc6sxc@w6yx.ampr.org
	     | P.O. Box 9792, Stanford, Ca 94309-9792
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --