Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:42:32 -0500
From:      Gene Rovang <GeneR@ami.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cooperation on Dual NIC Support for Intel 10/100

We are currently in development for a late Q1 release of our BSD-based
kernel NAS server with Netbench performance already saturating the 10/100
ethernet port.  The problem is we have a second ethernet port already on our
CDROM sized Motherboard that can handle more throughput if we just had a
load balancing driver.  Has anyone been approached or is currently working
on a dual NIC driver?  We have a whole host of side issues about clustering,
etc.?  Who can we begin talking with on a regular basis for cooperative
collaberations?

Gene Rovang
Manager - Remote Server Mgmt.,
Internet & Network Appliance Labs