Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:18:55 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web interface for sendmail.

On 08/15/01 03:21 PM, Linh Pham sat at the `puter and typed:
> On 2001-08-15, Andy Myers scribbled:
>
> # I've got sendmail running on my box.  Is there a port available that sets up
> # a web interface to send and received mail  ...similar to hotmail, etc.?
>
> Try SquirrelMail... go to http://www.squirrelmail.org for more
> information and how to download, compile and install the package.
>
> I use it on one of my servers and works fairly well.

SquirrelMail is a great web interface, but keep in mind it is not an
interface to sendmail.  Sendmail is the MTA (Mail Transfer Agent), and
its only job is to transfer mail to a relay or a mailbox.  In order to
use SquirrelMail, you will need an Imap server installed.  I haven't
kept up with it lately, but last I checked, SM did not do pop.  You
MUST have some kind of MDA installed to get mail at a remote location.

HTH

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

The solution to a problem changes the nature of the problem.
    -- Peer