Date:      Wed, 18 May 2011 13:49:03 -0700
From:      Matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
To:        bschmidt@freebsd.org, freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   IWN (Centrino 1000)

On 05/18/11 00:07, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
> Care to explain why it is "better" then the Intel 1000? I'm not
> aware of any issues, if there are some, I want to know about that
> so I can actually have a look at it..

About half as many networks are seen in FreeBSD compared to Windows
(perhaps sensitivity? antenna config?). IWN drops WPA2 connections after
a while (not consistent). Once in a blue moon the actual driver goes
wonky and I get an exciting tx ringbuf etc printout.

Of course this is all hearsay and voodoo without logs, so I will try to
reproduce these issues and post them.

Also, is the lack of ibss/ahdemo support due to firmware bugs? I noticed
ibss is commented out in the module source. Wouldn't ahdemo at least be
somewhat similar to monitor mode?

Matt