Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:31:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      matt <matt@BabCom.ORG>
To:        Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BIND NXT Bug Vulnerability

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Dan Busarow wrote:
[...]
: Relying on ports for crital bits such as bind and sendmail seems, uh,
: risky?

Considering that the version of bind included in -STABLE (supped 10-14-99)
is 8.1.2, so I hate to rely on ports, but this does seem to be the
quickest method for keeping up on new versions. There is virtually no
difference in compiling bind from the ports or from raw source, the former
is simply an easier way, and keeps things in order with little hassle.

: Dan
: --
:  Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
:  Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com
:  Dana Point, California  83 09 EF 59 E0 11 89 B4   8D 09 DB FD E1 DD 0C 82

Matt
--
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians
 would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees