Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:53:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Richard Johnson <raj@cisco.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Small addition to pccard.conf syntax (ioaddr option)

Warner Losh writes:
 > In message <14560.98.259388.61429@kitab.cisco.com> Richard Johnson writes:
 > : I finally just decided that it would be easiest to simply modify
 > : pccardd to allow specifying the "ioaddr" location in the configuration
 > : file.  These diffs add the "ioaddr" keyword for card configuration
 > : information like so:
 >
 > I'd rather not do this.  It is a move in the wrong direction.  I'd
 > like to see things move more into the kernel.
 >
 > Warner

Fine with me as long as there's a way to do it.  If we could get the
ioaddr information from the driver definition in the kernel and use
that, I'd be satisfied.  Afterall, I already have:

device  wi0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 flags 0x1

which obviously specifies the ioaddr as "0x300" right there.  That
should be sufficient, but currently it's not.  Same thing goes for the
irq.

/raj