Date:      07 Nov 2002 20:21:43 -0800
From:      swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD filesystem 1TB Limit

Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> writes:

> I snagged it from an Anonymous Coward on Slashdot.  I guess that it's
> technically owned by noone (as per the Slashdot disclaimer), which would
> make it public domain.
> --
> Kirk Strauser
> In Googlis non est, ergo non est.

I'm quite sure that one may not copyright anything that short, but I'm
equally sure it's not spelled out in statutes.  You'd have to hunt down
a regulation or some case law to be sure.  (And that Slashdot disclaimer
is probably as trustworthy as anything else on that site.)

I supposed it COULD be a trademark, but I don't remember the rules well.
Trademarks can be checked with fairly high reliability at www.uspto.gov.