Date:      Sun, 5 Jul 1998 21:41:24 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        dan@wolf.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Applications under X running out of memory?

Hi,

> I asked this question a week or two ago and got a couple
> of suggestions, but none of the suggestions I have received
> seem to do the trick.

Was one of the suggestions check your login.conf?

It sounds like you're running up against the limits from login.conf.  Try
bumping your default (or whichever group you stuck yourself in) memory
limit up.

One way to check this is to "unlimit" before you start up netscape etc.

Brett
Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

How many Microsoft employees does it take to change a light
bulb? Zero. They declared Darkness[tm] the standard.