Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 01:50:34 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   logginf init and X output

I know that dmesg shows the kernel output during bootup, but as the init
messages fly by, the are getting lost, especially when the console clears
after changing a font or size.  Also, i would like to see all the output
from X as it starts, so that i can whittle down my Xfree86 config and also
maybe catch a few mis-configs that might be slowing it down.  This output
also scrolls away quickly.  I tried redirecting to a file, but that doesn't
seem to work:

startx > file.out

jm
--