Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:12:48 +0200
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   xorg and xfree core ports [was Re: Second stab at X.Org 6.8.1 update]

=46rom Re: Second stab at X.Org 6.8.1 update
On Saturday 23 of October 2004 23:12, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 22:20, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> > About core port, would this make sense:
> > x11/xorg-libraries
> > x11/xorg-clients
> > x11-fonts/xorg-fonts-miscbitmaps
> > x11-servers/xorg-server
> > (and of course analogue for xfree)?
>
> I would stick in fonts-truetype and dri, too.  The goal being "the port
> I tell people to use when they complain about Y being in the xorg
> distribution or Z not coming with xorg-server," and probably also what
> sysinstall would use.

Considering the PR ports/73309, I'm thinking of putting fonts-miscbitmaps a=
s a=20
dependency of xorg-server as people that only install server would then be=
=20
able to at least do the 'startx' out of the box and immediately see if thin=
gs=20
work before going further with pots installation. Then the core port can on=
ly=20
depend on truetype (or even only on bistream-vera font which is also a part=
=20
of xorg an xfree distributions).

Dejan