Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:14:18 +0900
From:      "Hiroto Kagotani" <hiroto.kagotani@gmail.com>
To:        tigner@msu.edu
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-games/Larn is broken in FreeBSD7.0 Release

Hi,

2008/3/5, tigner <tigner@msu.edu>:
>  When you run Larn, and chose to read/eat/drink anything the games exits
>  with a signal 11 ,segfaults and does a coredump.
>
>  You have found a magic potion
>  Do you (d) drink it, (t) take it, or (i) ignore it?
>  Segmentation fault (core dumped) [SIGSEGV]drink
>
>  I would like to use Larn on 7.0, what do I suggest I do to fix this ?

This is caused by the same problem as freebsd-games/hack.
Please refer to the thread beginning with
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2008-January/046245.html

For the temporary solution,
edit freebsd-games/files/patch-larn_Makefile to add -fwritable-strings
to CFLAGS and do not forget to use gcc34 or earlier instead of gcc in 7.0.

Hope this helps.

--
Hiroto Kagotani
<hiroto.kagotani@gmail.com>