Date:      Fri, 02 Nov 2001 09:19:20 +1100
From:      BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   .htaccess authentication against /etc/passwd

Hi everyone,

I want to be able authenticate web applications users against the
system user database (/etc/passwd) rather than maintaining a seperate
password database. Is this possible? I've searched all over the web but
could not find any concrete answers or HOWTO's . Also useful would be
to authenticate against LDAP or a MySQL database.... anyone know where
I can get some good detailed info on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.......