Date:      Thu, 9 Jun 2005 18:11:32 -0400
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Tobias Fendin <tobias.fendin@telia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: burncd, eject before read

On Jun 9, 2005, at 6:04 PM, Tobias Fendin wrote:
> I've just burned an iso to a cd successfully.
> But before I could mount it, I had to eject the cd-tray and then
> close it, before I could mount it.
>
> I got this error message from mount:
> cd9660: /dev/acd0: Input/output error
>
> I wonder if it's a bug or feature.

Most CD-burners won't re-read the CD's table-of-contents after
burning an image, until you eject the device.  However, you might be
able to use atacontrol to nudge the drive hard enough to take another
look.

Arguably this is a bug with the CD-ROM firmware, but it's common
enough to not be surprising.

--
-Chuck