Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 16:01:29 +0000
From:      Ramji Venkateswaran <rv@uiop.org>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        rv@uiop.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re : Werid Stuff with SSH compilation

Thanks for the reply Thierry, sorry, lack of caffeine induced lack of
information ;))

The install is a brand new 3.0 install:

bash-2.02$ uname -a
FreeBSD janus.uiop.org 3.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE #0: Sat Oct 17 17:45:06
GMT 1998     jkh@kickme.freebsd.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

The version of ssh is (as you deduced) indeed 1.2.26, downloaded from
ftp.cs.hut.fi (as I have done a couple of hundred times before) and it did
successfully compile ok, it just refused to use the assembly optimisations.

As to compiling from the ports, I am not I'm afraid, I'll go check them out
now, and see if there is a version on there that is any different.

Thanks for your help (in advance too ;))

Ramji