Date:      Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:14:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        eighner@io.com (Lars Eighner)
Cc:        DAve <dave.list@pixelhammer.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: New Logo

> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> > I point out that removing beastie was not the point of the exercise
> > (contrary to Ted's paranoid fantasies of a right-wing Christian
> > fundamentalist cabal dictating policy to the core team).
>
> In point of fact, the "logo" idea started right here when
> a right-wing Christian fundamentalist complain that people
> at his church were worried about Beastie on their computers.
> (I have that archived in case you are inclined to try to
> deny it.)

You must be a newbie.
The logo argument has been going on for years.
There have been suggestions about getting a new logo,
both to thwart the religious bigots and to "be more professional"
for a long time before that particular person worried about his/her
church response.

There have been good reasons and bad reasons argued and good ideas
and bad ideas put forth for a long time.

> These are exactly the same people who will support the
> Department of Homeland Security when it decides that everyone
> must use one the "approved" (i.e. big commercial) operating
> systems because of 9-11.

Some of them.  And some are not.   Your brush is so wide, it can't
help but dripping back on yourself.

////jerry