Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:46:32 -0500
From:      John Wilson <jmw74@charter.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   QT 3.0.4 and ports

Hello all.

I was going to install Qt 3.0.4 from the ports, but I noticed that the port is for version 3.0.3 of the Qt library.  I realize that the difference between the two is most likely a _minor_ bugfix release, and it most likely wouldn't affect me at all, but I would still like to use the newest release.

The question is as follows.  Would I simply be able to modify the ports Makefile to obtain the 3.0.4 release instead of the 3.0.3 release?  I didn't want to munge things up by doing so before getting a second opinion.

Thank you for your time,
John Wilson