Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 13:03:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fetchmail

I am trying to get fetchmail 3.9.4 working with the FreeBSD 2.2.2
distribution.  For some reason, fetchmail attemts to send two
"mail from:" commands when it makes a connection to the local sendmail
server vial the smtp port:

    fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<support@srv.net>
    fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<cmott>
    fetchmail: SMTP error: : Unknown error: -1

I have verified by telnet to the smtp port that the "MAIL
FROM:<support@srv.net>" yields a "250 <support@srv.net>... Sender ok"
response, so I don't know why a second "mail from:" response has been
generated.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Charles Mott