Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 03:09:31 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/x11-wm/windowmaker Makefile distinfo  pkg-plistports/x11-wm/windowmaker/files patch-am patch-wsetfont

Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> >         This is probably a good way to go with this, but the wmicons port has
> > severe fetch'ing problems. None of the first several files could be found
> > on any of the master sites, they all had to be fetched from
> > ftp.freebsd.org. Given the long connection time outs and delays I finally
> > gave up and deleted all the master sites from the Makefile so I'm not sure
> > about the rest of the stuff.
>
> Ok, I'll look into this problem.

	Cool, thanks.

> > >   3. due to (1) bump PORTREVISION.
> >
> >         (Once again,) I really think we need to be more conservative with bumping
> > this. The end result of what you get with this change is exactly the same,
> > with the addition of a few new icons. IMO that doesn't amount to a change
> > in functionality, so it doesn't deserve to be bumped.
>
> You are not quite correct. As my message clearly indicates, PORTREVISION was bumped not due to icons,
> but due to two additional patches backported from i18n version of the port.

	Yes, I saw that, however at best those two patches slightly improve the
install, they don't actually produce any functional changes I could see. Of
course, the way this week has been I'm probably missing something. Perhaps
you could enlighten me?

--
    I need someone really bad. Are you really bad?