Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:31:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan E Fosburgh <wotan@fosburgh.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppbus problems with 4.0-RELEASE

I am having problems with my new 4.0-RELEASE system correctly starting up my
ppbus devices. I used the GENERIC config to create my new config, and none
of the ppc stuff changed.  Under 3.4-STABLE ppc worked.  Now, when I boot
(with the -v option) I receive  the following messages:

ppc0: parallel port found at 0x3bc
ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range
 and I cannot print.  Can anyone offer any help with this, or have I found a
bug?

Jonathan Fosburgh
Jr. UNIX Systems Administrator
MD Anderson Cancer Center