Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:13:39 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>
To:        Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Version Release numbers

Paul Robinson writes:
> > How about sharks, with lasers on their heads?
>
> Too Austin Powers, and no good out of water. The FreeBSD marketing
> department tell me that 92.8% of the people we wish to destroy and/or mame
> don't live in water. Sharks might be a problem.

Hang on. A solution presents itself to me.

92.8% of people that I have a problem with (more or less) could have that
problem solved at no fiscal detrement to them by my, er, fish pond!

Sharks aren't the problem, sharks are (in) the solution!

> They can go across land, under water, the whole thing! And how cool would
> THAT be! "Hey, Linus, nice threading there, but have YOU got a drunken polar
> bear with a laser gun? No? Well, FreeBSD has got LOADS of them! HA HA!".
> Yes, I can picture it clearly... it's all making sense. Even Microsoft would
> have to evacuate their campus when it got over-run with laser-touting polar
> bears...

Shark or Polar-Bear-With-laser? My money is on the bear until I can find
a way to arm sharks.

> > Robots
> > are so passe (and anyway, we don't have a single laser guidance system
> > driver in -CURRENT).
>
> Do we have any cybernetic hookups ready yet? It's just I'd like to control
> the polar bears with a mixture of FreeBSD, beer and sealions (to eat).

No pizza, chocolate and popcorn??

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH