Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 20:12:51 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        markemmanuel <lists@markemmanuel.org>
Cc:        David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>, Advocacy FreeBSD <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>, Questions FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Helping victims of terror

From: markemmanuel <lists@markemmanuel.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 06:17:12PM -0500

> Unfortunately, I just started getting hate mail for my statements.  People
> are calling me weak or something like that for not hating my brothers and
> sisters that are not of the same citizenship, race, or culture.
>
> Peace,
> --markemmanuel

It is always like this, with hatred and good will.  A thousand of those
messages, is worth nothing compared to a handful of messages saying 'thank
you, for being human'.  Weakness is not to be civil towards fellow humans,
regardless of their race, culture, religion, nationality, and beliefs.
Weakness is to give in to the rage that one might feel, when seeing other
people hurt, and become evil too in the hope that a greater evilness will
stop the lesser one.  But who needs a greater evilness?  No one.  We all need
to sympathize and express our discomfort to the fact that people in the USA
or elsewhere are being mistreated, hurt, abused, killed, every passing day,
and help them feel better.. we do not need more 'angels of vengeance' on this
planet.  A few more 'angels of help' would be most fitting to the lot, though.

Just my humble non-USA-citizen opinion,

-giorgos