Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:53:27 -0500
From:      "Will Senn" <wsenn@postfuture.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Bigoted?

>Let's not get bigoted here. vi _is_ primitive; however, it is also
>sufficient for editing text, fast and most importantly ubiquitous.

I wasn't trying to sound bigoted - a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, per
http://www.m-w.com.

I use Ultraedit for NT more than any other text editor (work).  I was merely pointing out that vi is _not_ primitive.  It has more
features for text editing than 99% of the editors available today.  many of these features are accessible from single keystrokes.
They are also somewhat cryptic, but not primitive.  vi is not fast because it is simple, it has an incredibly sophisticated, read
advanced, codebase.

Later,

Will