Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:43:29 -0700
From:      bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
Cc:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans@razorfish.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Soft updates

--==_Exmh_-307355078P

If memory serves me right, Mitch Collinsworth wrote:

> >Reading the README tells you how to use softupdates.
> >
> >Hint: one ln command, one option enabled in kernel.
>
> OK either I'm blind or I'm reading a different README than you are.
> the one in /usr/src/contrib/sys/softupdates on my 3.1-R system talks
> about kernel changes but it does not name a kernel option.  It mentions
> "40 files that require change" and says diffs are supplied, but they
> don't seem to be here.

Try:

/usr/src/sys/ufs/ffs/README.softupdates

I got confused by (finding) this too, the first time.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-307355078P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBN2GDAKjOOi0j7CY9AQGHYAQAh5xEXRYH1RVdSxIPAA7GOYuS6YNrKQFz
WUGcGAGxPYUdvwU9BSfes8SVOU0nIBD7c09iORgBWvu41fyLNnl+rpKTKg2022Dt
HwXzYt2suFhEr/0g7fqomHyt3YW+UHEGHJWZZH5dlCrarZMFqS0bc9oynSYDbh8v
l45zxbwLN+s=
=up3q
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-307355078P--