Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 2010 05:12:53 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
Cc:        bf1783@gmail.com, "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: math/blas linking to gfortran with LDADD?= -lgfortran

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

On 2010-Aug-31 17:14:50 -0400, jhell <jhell@DataIX.net> wrote:
>On 08/31/2010 15:06, b. f. wrote:
>> Would you elaborate, please?  Where is a transcript showing the linking =
failure?
>> Would you mail it to me off-list?
>
>Simply -lgfortran by it self should not work. Since lib directories

Actually, IMO, since libgfortran.so is a support library for gfortran
(much like libgcc_s.so is), it is reasonable for a user to expect
that '-lgfortran' _is_ sufficient and the current behaviour is a bug.
ports/129518 says I'm not the only person who think that.

>-L/usr/local/lib/gcc44 would have to be passed to LDFLAGS in order for
>it to be found.

And '-R/usr/local/lib/gcc44' as well.

Note that a work-around has been added to bsd.gcc.mk so that ports
with USE_GCC shouldbehave correctly and the problem is limited to
using a non-base gcc outside the ports system.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--