Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:54:12 +0000
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@eclipse.net.uk>
To:        "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
Cc:        Niklas Saers <berenmls@saers.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiuser-/computer

Gary D. Margiotta wrote:

> Not sure exactly how this needs to be setup, but I'm thinking the
> following:
>
> Set up one of the FBSD boxes as a file server running NIS, NFS and Samba.
>
> NIS will allow all the Un*X users to authenticate from one source (You'll
> have to read up on the interaction between FBSD NIS and Sun/Solaris NIS so
> the users logging into the Solaris box will auth off a FBSD-based NIS
> setup)

I'm not sure what it's called, but there's a replacement gina.dll (?) for
NT that authenticates using NIS - try searching comp.protocols.smb or the
samba mailing list for gina? Alternatively it might be easier to try the
NT domain server code in newer sambas.

--
  Stuart Henderson,
  Eclipse Networking Ltd