Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 09:42:37 -0800
From:      gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com
To:        ag@leo.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: CD WORM

Armin Gruner wrote in message ID
<Pine.HPP.3.91.951218180049.7026A-100000@hprbg5.informatik.tu-muenchen.de>:
> sorry for intruding the list without being on it :-) but we've the following
> problem here: We tried to connect a WORM to our FreeBSD machine, but have
> no luck so far. I both tried 2.1 with NEW_SCSICONF, and -current as of 12/18.

Okay. The story generally is ``it don't work''. Julian (Elischer) had
Jordan's burner, but I think he's debunked back to Oz, so I'm not sure
what's happening.

> (aha0:4:0): "PINNACLE RCD-1000 1.33" type 4 removable SCSI 2
> worm0(aha0:4:0): Write-Once - UNTESTED
> worm0(aha0:4:0): NOT READY asc:4,1
> worm0(aha0:4:0):  Logical unit is in process of becoming ready
> worm0: oops not queued
>
> worm0(aha0:4:0): could not get size
> - can't get capacity.

That's better than I got the last time I tried (admittedly ~5 months
ago) - it panic'd the machine! (Although I do seem to remember that
being fixed)

Gary