Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:52:02 -0500
From:      luke <lgrady@gmail.com>
To:        Brian Duke <brian@box201.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help with a failed install

On 6/23/05, Brian Duke <brian@box201.com> wrote:
> The BTX loader fails right after the initial setup screen. I press any
> option except install prompt and it fails.

the first thing i would do is try different installation media.
disabling acpi might help. it's certainly worth a try(those
instructions from "help!!!..." are for disabling acpi. hopefully that
will get you booted to sysinstall. beyond that, hopefully the kernel
on the install media has support for your raid card or else you're
going to have the same problem you had with solaris and fedora. good
luck

luke