Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:40:35 +0900
From:      Alan Chung <alan@garage.co.jp>
To:        FreeBSD ML <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IP Filter with new version of FreeBSD

I currently made a new firewall (FreeBSD 3.2) and wanted to replace the
old one (FreeBSD 2.2.6).  The new machine seemed ok while packages
weren't so heavy (when not many people are on the net), but it died
(due to kernel panic) and rebooted itself every 15-20 mins.  It seems to
me that the problem is somehow in IP Filter's configuration.  Also, when
I try to refresh the route table by "ipnat -f nat_rule", I got the
following error message:

ioctl(SIOCADNAT): Invalid argument

My configuration was totally fine with FreeBSD 2.2.6 so I wonder if this
is because I am using the same configuration of IP Filter for new
machine. Is there anyone out there has this kind of experience and can
give a hint of solution? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

Alan