Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:46:47 -0400
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange buildworld error (uuid_*)

23.08.2010 08:17, John Baldwin написав(ла):
>> With some trickery (had to define: WITHOUT_CDDL, WITHOUT_SSP, WITH_GCC3,
>> >  NO_WERROR) I upgraded my laptop directly from 6.3 to 8.1-STABLE. It now
>> >  boots nicely.
>> >
>> >  I'd like to make another round of buildworld/buildkernel -- using the
>> >  existing tools... That, however, breaks in the most unexpected place:

> Your libstand is too stale.

The only libstand found on the computer (/usr/lib/libstand.a) is from
August 19th -- the version built by FreeBSD-6's gcc-3 from FreeBSD-8.1's
sources.

According to nm, the library does define both uuid_equal and uuid_is_nil:

	mi@vaio:~ (106) nm /usr/lib/libstand.a | grep uuid
	uuid_equal.o:
	00000000 T uuid_equal
	         U uuid_is_nil