Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 18:37:28 +0100
From:      Florian Bofinger <bofax@camelot.de>
To:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [sound] PCI ESS support

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 09:02:42AM -0800, Darryl Okahata wrote:

> > I have just got this doc.
> > is anyone going to work on this?
>
>      Well, I was going to take Ville-Pertti Keinonen's (will@iki.fi)
> ESS2 mixer code and turn it into an LKM, which I'd then try to add sound
> output using the Linux code.  However, I'm not familiar with how one
> accesses interrupts and DMA under FreeBSD, and so it would take me a
> while.  If anyone else would like to do it, that's fine with me.
>
> > My dell seems to have one of these things in it.
>
>      As does mine.  ;-(  I really want sound output on my 7500.

My Acer Extensa 710TE also has that card. I got it to work in SB Mode
by booting DOS, executing MAESTRO.COM, booting my -CURRENT and using
the voxware drivers:

dmesg shows:

sb0 at port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa0
snd0: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.2>
sb0: driver is using old-style compatability shims

My kernel config looks like:
device          snd
device          sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device          sbxvi0  at isa? drq 5
device          sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330

Greetings,
		BoFax

--
Florian Bofinger <bofax@camelot.de>