Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:32:38 -0600
From:      Jeremy Vandenhouten <jeremy.vandenhouten@marquette.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp.conf

I've changed ISP's and the new one requires a chat script to be setup
to connect. (In Windows this would require a terminal window), but I
know that in FreeBSD I should be able to automate this.

What the remote end does is this:

Text
Text
Text

Username:
Password:

CCC
More Text

cicoras53c> (user puts in ppp here)

More Text followed by an automatic connect.

What I've tried for a script in ppp.conf is the following:

set login "TIMEOUT 15 login:-\\r-name: foo word: bar cicoras53c> ppp
\\r"

However, everytime I try to connect it gives me "chat script failed".
How do I need to refine the script to work properly? And yes I did
remember to indent this line, so that's not the problem.

Also, please respond to me personally, as this email address is not
subscribed to the list.