Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:36:29 -0500
From:      "cucu" <cucu@cuneydi.com>
To:        "Mike Smith" <mike@smith.net.au>, "Michael Haba" <mrh@deepsky.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 3.3.0 support for Compaq SMART-2/P array controller

I am not sure if there is a major problem.  Why are you not stealing WD
vectors? I boot from the array with no issues.

   You may want to apply patches from Jonathan (was posted couple weeks ago
in the news group). I am using proliant 1600R with Smart2/p without any
issues over 2 weeks with 3.3-STABLE.
You may upgrade your smart ROM
http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/softpaqs/Rompaq/OPTROM254.html to
4.16. I had lot of issues with ROM 4.06. NO I did not test the 4.16, thats
why I am using 3.08 firmware.

Michael, I will be glad to donate an EISA Smart SCSI card permanently to the
project. Just let me know where. I may also loan Smart 2P or Smart 3200 each
for a month.
cuneyt

Here is the kernel output:
 Probing for devices on PCI bus 2:
 ida0: <Compaq SMART-2/P array controller> rev 0x03 int a irq 15 on pci2.0.0
 ida0: drvs=1 firm_rev=3.08
 ida0: unit 0 (id0): <Compaq Logical Drive>
 id0: 8187MB (16768800 total sec), 2055 cyl, 255 head, 32 sec, bytes/sec 512
 ida: wdc vector stealing on (mode = always, boot major = 0)
 ida: port address (0xffffffff) out of range
 ida0 not found