Date:      02 Jul 2000 01:59:26 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AbiWord does not build

 * From: Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>

 * I guess this would not show up in Asami's automated builds as I would

"Satoshi". :>

 * guess editors/AbiWord is built before textproc/mswordview, which builds
 * fine after AbiWord is installed. AbiWord does not install the wv stuff,
 * it is just used for the build apparently.

Just to clarify how the package building works, it starts out with an
empty /usr/local and /usr/X11R6 to make sure all dependencies are
explicitly spelled out.  That is why it will never catch these kinds
of errors.

 * I guess the fix is to make sure that AbiWord looks in its local src tree
 * before /usr/local, in case mswordview is installed.

This is correct.

Satoshi