Date:      Tue, 06 Aug 2013 22:43:49 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-Update + Sendmail

--r3rfcvDxHireJS2tQow74HGdG7aHWxlOs

On 06/08/2013 22:28, Thomas Laus wrote:
> I like the 'sendmail from ports' suggestion a little better.  Going thi=
s=20
> route, I only need to make configuration changes to /etc/mail/mailer.co=
nf=20
> once.  All subsequent freebsd-update operations won't require rebuildin=
g=20
> sendmail and it's tools.  Any updates to the port version are covered b=
y the=20
> normal port update system.  Future updates to the port version only req=
uire a=20
> 'make restart' in the /etc/mail directory after reviewing my .mc file f=
or any=20
> affected changes.

If you're using the ports version of sendmail, a handy tip is to add
this to /etc/make.conf:

SENDMAIL_CF_DIR=3D        /usr/local/share/sendmail/cf
MAKEMAP=3D                /usr/local/sbin/makemap

so you use a version of the sendmail M4 config bits that matches the
sendmail binary you're running, and you can use /etc/mail/Makefile to
generate and install the configs exactly as if you were using the base
system sendmail.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20