Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:42:34 -0400
From:      Marc LeMaire <krockmitaine@sympatico.ca>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mozilla 1.4 problems. Help needed. No running window found.

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 22:18, Robert Chalmers wrote:
>

>>Mozilla compiles fine it seems, but when I go to run it, I get this, and
>>it dies.
>>
>>$mozilla
>>No running window found.
>>Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display "203.1.96.3:0.0".
>>/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.2: Undefined symbol
>>"XRenderQuerySubpixelOrder"
>>
>>Could someone tell me how to fix this please? Surely I'm not the only
>>one with the problem ????
>>

>Actually, you're the first one that has reported this.  This simple is
>defined in libXrender installed as part of XFree86-libraries-4.3.0.  You
>need to have XFree86-libraries 4.3.0 installed for this to work.
>
>Joe

If I remember correctly, I have installed those libraries..
In fact, the only message that I got when I started Moz from a terminal
is the "No running window found" message, whithout the Xlib message.
I then unistalled and re-installed it to no effect. I remember that
/stand/sysinstall reported a problem but I can't find the paper on witch
I wrote the message
I didn't had the time to investigate the problem correctly, that's why I
waited before reporting the problem.

Marc